My Blog has Moved

I've moved my blog to BeingGenevieve.com


Check it out to see my latest projects and recipes.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pretzel Toffee

Come check out my new blog at BeingGenevieve.com


My sister had Pretzel Toffee at an office party and said how delicious it was. 
So I had to try to make it. 
After making a first batch that was not right I had to make my own recipe.

Here is my recipe for what to do . . . 

(No one has an exact recipe for this; everything is written as "half a bag" or "just combine" so I have taken it upon myself to measure everything and make a recipe.)

Ingredient:

5-1/2 Cups of mini pretzels
1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Instructions:

Begin by measuring out your pretzels. 
Break them into large pieces and place them on an 11x17 cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (foil doesn't work as well).
 

Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. 
STOP stirring and boil for 3 minutes without stirring!

Then pour on top of pretzels.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 5 minutes.
(The caramel will spread out a little more when in the oven.)

Pull out of oven and pour 2 cups or a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips onto the pretzels.
 

Return to the oven and bake for 2 more minutes. 
Pull out and spread/smooth chocolate with a rubber spatula.

Cool slightly on counter. 
Then place in the freezer so it is easier to break it into pieces.

Store in the fridge
It makes it much more delicious! Enjoy!!!

Come check out my new blog at BeingGenevieve.com

No comments:

Post a Comment